Friday, November 5, 2010

after 18 days

This entry will be long. no pictures! be patient ya!

It's already 18 days I undergo operation. Major operation I should say. As stated in this post. I need to remove the cyst on my left ovary. Alhamdulillah, I'm recovering now. Still sakit jugak especially bila tempat operate tu berdenyut. Tak boleh nak buat kerja berat sangat. Makan still kena pantang. Nak jalan pun takleh laju lagi.

I did my operation at Gleneagles Hospital, with Dr. Michael Samy, the same gynae with my sister. He is very kind and supportive. My parents accompanied me to hospital on Monday,18th Oct 2010. My parents asked all my siblings to go with work and college as usual. After settled with registration around 10.30 am, we needed to wait to get the booking room. All single room in Gleneagles is fully booked! Luckily, I asked a favor from my cousin GF to book a room for me a week earlier. Thank you Eaton!! Really appreciate it. The hospital's staff guided us to the room. 305, ward 3A. Then, the staff nurse at Ward 3A, took my weight and height. They gave me the hospital cloth to change.

My operation was scheduled at 2.00 pm and I have been fasting from 12.00 am without any drinks and food. They asked for urine and blood. Bercerita tentang darah. There were a few incident happened during that time. My en. tunang reached hospital around 1130 am and took branch with my parents. He was on leave.I was left alone in the room. The staff nurse came to shave the related area before the operation and gave me the medicine to pass motion (buang air besar) to ensure my stomach is empty during the operation.

Ambil darah?? Yes, they needed 3 tubes of my blood before the operation to ensure whether I'm alergic to certain medicine or not. First time, the staff nurse cari urat on my left. She said that my urat tak berapa nampak. Then, dia tengok my right hand and said that urat is better. Lepas dia cucuk that picagari tu, tengok-tengok my darah tak cukup for 3 tubes. Only 2 tubes. Then another nurse datang, dia took for another tube from my left hand. 1.30 pm, the first nurse that took my blood said, that the 2 tubes of my blood was clogged and lab tak sempat nak test it. So, they needed to take another around! OMG. Berserah gila. Then, the third nurse datang, try nak ambil darah at area pergelangan kiri tu, after jarum dah masuk, tak dapat jugak because of my urat tu bengkok. Then, they said to me that, they will take my blood during the operation nanti.

5 minutes before 2.00 pm, the staff nurse came to my room and asked me the repetition question like any alergic to medicine, has been fasting from when and etc They pushed the bed out from my room to the operation theate (OT) at level 1. They used the different lift from usual which can cater the bed in it. Masa tengah tolak tu, airmata dah bergenang dah. Takut sangat! Bermacam-macam in my head. Even though, the operation is not dangerous but still macam-macam fikir. Hidup lagi ke after operation. Looking at my parents face and my en. tunang face lagi rasa sebak. Serious. Before entered the OT, salam and peluk my parents. Then, they pushed me into the OT. Pintu tu automatic and there are space at the door yang boleh nampak luar. I can see mama  and en. tunang tengok from outside. Ayah tak tengok pun, but I know dia pun risau but he did not want to show that he's worried. The OT staff gave me like the shower cap to keep my hair inside, and they were asking the same question. While waiting for the OT 3, to get ready, I just lying on my bed and tengok pintu tu terbuka tertutup. Nampak en. tunang is waiting patiently there. There is no smile pun on his face. I just waved to him before the door closed again and he waved back with senyuman terpaksa.

Then, pakar bius, Dr. Santiago came to me, asked the same question and asked me to sign the acceptance letter to proceed with operation. Dr. Michael Samy is also there, giving me support, telling me that the operation will be fine. He will do the operation on me. Entered the OT 3, mama dah pesan suruh tutup mata. Jangan tengok OT. Tapi I think, bila lagi nak tengok OT kan, selalu tengok dalam TV je, now I have the opportunity to see it live! I saw the lampu, the electronics, macam-macam lagi. Tak percaya I'm in OT! To start the operation, the pakar bius, Dr. Santiago said that they will do one injection on my left hand, ACG and I will have a very long sleep after that. After one injection, they put something at my jari telunjuk to monitor my heart beat, and they gave me oxygen, then I dozed off. It was a full bius.

Awake from the long sleep, ingat mula-mula the operation is not over but the nurse told me that the operation is over. Rasa sakit and I realised that I have been operated!! I told nurse that I want to pee, but she said it's ok. They have put tube into my pundi kencing and automatically the urine will straight go into the provided bag. Then, I asked the time, it's already 3.50 pm. After a few minutes, I said that I'm hurt. The nurse gave me pain killer that masuk through darah. I slept back and sedar balik when the nurse at ward 3A took me back to my room. I can hear my mama's voice. She's calling my name and tampar-tampar me to ensure I have already awaken.

I can see my parents, and en. tunang there. I slept again and just woke up when mama kejut saying that mak ngah, pak ngah and izam came. First time, I wanted to talk but it's very sakit. But, gagahkan jugak. Mama tanya kenapa tak nak cakap, I said that I'm in pain. After operation, the staff nurse came to me and said that they tak sempat ambil darah during the operation. I just nodded. Tak larat nak cakap. My dad asked en. tunang and izam to fetch my sister at KLCC and buy dinner at pelita. Around 6.00 pm, cydee, anis, dibah and sya came visited me. Then asil pun datang around the same time. Thank you for coming my dearest. After maghrib, my sister arrived with en. tunang and izam. Boy pun datang after that. Then, abang ayih, kak sha, mak kak sha and little cute dhanie also came. Seeing dhanie, just make me smile. He's look at me and smile. This 6 months baby is so adorable. Then nieja and nadiah also came. Abg pejal, kak mas,khadijah and naufal also came to visit me.Thank you all for coming. I can't entertain much. Kejap-kejap tertidur, then loya. Maybe the affect from the bius. Ayah kejutkan me from sleep when en. tunang wanted to go back. Ayah sat beside me and cakap " Ima, bangun.Faizul dah nak balik". Owh, thank you for the fruits, biscuits and buah tangan ek. Buat susah-susah aje.

Nurse came to my room and tegur that I need to rest. Don't talk too much, u just did an operation. U need to rest. Thank you nurse. Noted. :)

After everyone has gone back, just left me and mama. Mama temankan during my stay at the hospital. We rented a bed for her own comfy. I tried to sleep that night, I slept and after a few hours awake and loya. Asked mama to ask for ubat tahan muntah, I don't want to throw out because mesti sakit kat tempat operation tu. Panjang operation tu is about 7cm, melintang. Then mama, gosok-gosok my dahi until tertidur balik. Then, every time  the nurse tukar air that contained the pain killer inside it, I will rasa loya.

Sleep until morning and realised that en. tunang came with mama punya breakfast. He came early in the morning, and around 8.30 am, he left to the office. 9.00 am, Michael Samy's nurse came to visit me. Around 10.00 am, Eaton also came to visit me. The staff nurse, datang untuk lap my badan. I can't move lagi. The drip is still there. She helped me in changing into new clothes. Thank you so much. Later in the noon, ayah came to the hospital. Bought lunch for mama. Mama's friend, aunty Sharifah came to visit me in the noon. Thank you for coming aunty. She is also one of Michael Samy patient. My sister came after her office hour and my two brothers came after maghrib with dinner. Dr. Michael Samy came to me and I said that I' m hungry. It has been more than 36 hours I have been fasiting! and Dr. gave green light to take sup and porridge. That's my first time eating after almost 2 days I'm fasting. He asked me how's the pain and ada fart  (kentut) ke tak. I still did not. En. tunang pun datang around 8.00 pm from Bukit Jalil. Then, around 9.30 pm, they went back and we back as two. Owh, I received one basket of fruits together with flower beside it. From aunty bi. Thank you!

Early in the morning 5.00 am, the staff nurse came to take out the tube from my pundi kencing. She asked me to tarik nafas dalam-dalam and hembus as she pull out the tube. Buang tube je terus I fart. Then, arund 6.30 am, I felt like want to pee. This time, I need to walk and turun from bed. First time berdiri after 2 days baring, it's so difficult. Dizzy of course and need to expect the pain. Then around 7.30 am, another one round. Can you imagine, the water drip is still there and of course rasa nak terkencing je. En tunang arrived as usual and brought breakfast for mama. This time is mee goreng campur mihun goreng. I just can eat porridge for the time being. Excused himself to go to office. I continued with sleep. So do mama. The staff nurse came and it's lap time! Third day, I can walked and nurse lap me in the toilet. I sat on the chair and she lap. Mak ngah came with pak ngah  to visit me and brought mama lunch. Ayah will be coming with Izam after lunch. Around 11.00 am, kawan mama, aunty bi, aunty ros and aunty asiah came to visit me. They are so lovely. :) Thank you for coming aunties! Then, later in noon, Dr. Michael came together with the cyst. He showed me the cyst. Geli tengok. Dia korek-korek kat dalam tu and there still ada darah sikit-sikit in it. He said that is confirm an endometriosis. Luckily, we did the operation. On my right ovary also dah start ada. He has burnt it during the operation.

The drip has been taken out from my hand and felt so comfortable. Alhamdullilah..Around 1.30 pm, en. tunang came with abg jep, kak mudah and sakilah. Thank you for coming ya! and thank you for the chocolate! After zohor, mak ngah went back and ayah came together with Izam after asar. They bought nasi ayam! Sedapnya..Datang and just lepaking aje. My sister and my brother came after work. Semua berkampung at the hospital. En. tunang pun datang after work. Mesti penat kan. Pija texted me, and said she will be coming to the hospital with her BF at night. She arrived around 9.00 pm and 30 minutes later Nieja also came. Pija excused herself to go back, we continued talking. Around 10.30 pm, we back to only 2. Third night at he hospital, I can slept well. Just woke up during ubat time.

1 comment: